Saturday, May 18, 2013

Made it to 8.5 but it seems to have given up the struggle now and is heading back downhill. Brr. The Pile of logs beside the fire is a large one, but many are a bit damp so will have to dry out before they can be used. Fortunately it is snug enough indoors to be able to do that. Fiddled with the smart phone today and discovered it has an app that turns it into a torch - clever idea and a good way to be able to find stuff when stranded without one. The rest of the day (once the logs were in) was spent loitering over some catalogues I picked up at the tip (well, actually while at the tip someone gave me some newspaper which included these catalogues in the (very neatly tied) bundles he passed on). The are for your average, but slightly better quality junk that gets peddled door to door and are called Innovations, in case anyone is interested. Found heaps of stuff to put on the 'never knew I needed this) list which seems to get longer when I have no money. When I do have money I go back to the list and discover that actually I don't need these things at all. Still, in the mean time it is nice to make plans ... I did think the solar lights that sit on the edge of your guttering would make a useful replacement for the light on the side of the house - at least till I can get the guttering sorted on that side and it stops leaking onto said light. I also found a large garbage bag of clothes which will go to the Bargain Centre. I rummaged through them, because I could not remember if they were rejects or things I might now fit into, but they were all rejects of little value, so off they go to the Bargain Centre tomorrow. I think dinner tonight will be a bit of junk food as I seem to have lost weight again this week (yay), so a celebration is in order. I was thinking chops and potato gems might go down a treat, since they are loitering in the freezer waiting to be used.

No comments:

Post a Comment