Wednesday, May 29, 2013
well it's official. I have a job interview on Monday at 11:30 am!! In celebration I rushed out and bought this gorgeous wool and mohair overcoat. Felted wool so very heavy like a duffle coat. Good quality satin linings and very unusual asymetric buttons:
It's a not-quite-black colour with white and grey flecky hairs on the surface. It will be spending the night in the deep freeze so I can get the chewing gum off the back of it. But at $12.00 I felt it was too good to leave in the shop really. Since Monday is due to start with a frost and struggle up to 12 degrees it will be welcome addition to the interview wardrobe, methinks.
So at quilting today I sent off a cheque to pay the electrician who rescued me after the storm, paid in the paltry small cheque the insurance gave me to cover same, obtained a voucher from Workskills who apparently pay for the petrol if you are going for a job interview (woohoo!!) and sat and sewed more hexagons.
This morning was not so much cold as foggy. The sun had difficulty clearing the bank of clouds and peering through the mists, but finally made it through to a nice temperate day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"Break a leg" at the interview Jo!
ReplyDeleteTa EMW!!
Delete