Tuesday, May 14, 2013
By bedtime last night I was feeling pretty smug as I was sure I had 'cracked' the design for the foundation piecing. Today I tried to implement it using some of the 'what was I thinking?!' fabric found during the clearout. Two of the three subunits went together like a dream and came out looking like they should. But when I added the third one I found i had an acute triangle where I wanted an obtuse one. I suspect this came about as I tried to reduce the elements down to too few and that last triangle I added should have been a reverse of the one opposite, not the same as I have made it. Will get back to it some time when I have some thinking room.
The other factor to consider is that this is actually a potential money maker. Why muck about with 60 degree corners when you don't have to? Why go to the bother of strip piecing ( which only works for those whose seams are perfect) when you don't have to? Copyrighting it and marketting it to appropriate end-users might be a useful exercise. I will have to ask the one person in the quilt world who is likely to know and who is also trustworthy (not a common combination) to get ideas as to how to go about it. Failing that, i could always make up some kits and distribute them to some of the shops and see how they go (crib size, not huge ones).
But I am rather getting ahead of myself if I can't make this last element work out properly.
Awfully chilly here though the promised rain seems to have been a bit half-hearted. Still, just think of those lovely steak and kidney pies waiting to be reheated for dinner!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment