Saturday, May 11, 2013
The overnight temperature forecast for tonight is only marginally lower than the daytime temperatures we endured last week. All very confusing, and making the addition of flannel sheets a bit premature. Still at least they are nice if they are all you have on the bed (until the wee hours that is).
This week we agreed to book ourselves in for the quilting and craft fair which is to be held at the Entertainment Centre. The group will be attending on the Friday which could be tricky if I happen to get lucky with the job but the group ticket bookings do not oblige one to attend as part of the group, so I can always go on the Saturday. I missed it last year as it alternates with Launceston (Tasmania being a land of two halves). The previous year when I managed to get there, I found there was so much temptation in my path that I did silly things and bought things I am still looking at and wondering why I did that. So this year I have a plan... lol.
I have always rather fancied making one of those blue and white quilts. No idea why as white is not a colour likely to survive in my household, but they do look quite lovely and i can always wrap it in tissue paper and put it in storage for some beneficiary to find in future years (meanwhile gloating over it's beauty from time to time). As a consequence, whenever I see fabric of the right shade of blue, I buy it. No idea what the pattern should be, and not great plans yet. But I do fancy making one.
So today I trawled the web for free foundation-pieced patterns of stars on the principle that if they can be blown up to 12 inch blocks (or shrunk down, depending ...) they can be put together with little 3 inch blocks at the intersections and sashing between each block. Whether the sashing will be blue or white remains to be seen. Whether it will work remains to be seen. Anyway it kept me off the streets for the day as I waited for washing loads to finish and made phonecalls to prospects who may or may not actually buy something one day.
Once i work out a pattern, I can then get someone who knows that they are doing to work out the fabric requirements and then head off to the fair confident I know what I should be buying. This assumes, of course, that I actually have an income by then. If I don't then it will not be a complete waste of time as I can get in touch with my favourite quilt shop (in Lilydale) at some future date and order the fabric in as I know Deb will get it right if I scan copies of the fabrics I already have so she can do a colour match.
Soon to go into the oven is a chicken and potato and leek and preserved lemon pie which will hopefully taste as good as the recipe sounds. Tomorrow is steak and kidney pie time, assuming I remember to get the meat out this afternoon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment