Sunday, May 19, 2013
I think I may have to break out the goose down quilt early this year. Last night, despite a quilt and a blanket on top, I woke up feeling jolly chilly at about one in the morning. Tonight with a forecast of minus two may crack me altogether. We will have to wait and see. I signed up for a free quilting class online (did I mention this before?). The fabrics I ordered last week will be used, with calico as the base fabric. I watched the first lesson today and have already learned where I go wrong when making log cabins - great to know and I will be a bit more conscientious in future!! There are four to make for this quilt and they will, eventually, be used to flank a set of tumbling blocks on the top left hand side of the design. The latter should be an interesting challenge methinks!!
I got stuck in and did the house work today so it is all looking fur free and moderately tidy at least in the public rooms. Other than that, I went into town to sign forms (apparently overlooked when I dropped the quilt off the other day) to allow them to house the quilt and which also tells me they have it covered for insurance, which is a good thing. Then home to finish off the work in the kitchen before the chill sets in for tonight. Might break out a winter nightie I think, to keep the chill off until I change the sheets, This will be done once the current two loads of washing are dry and put away and the airers freed up to hang the sheets on.
While i was at the library I picked up a DVD which I may also break out, but not tonight. I think I will watch it tomorrow though. It will hopefully be OK as it has Judy Dench in it. Mind you it also has Cher as an actor, so that may lower the tone of the thing a bit. Called Tea with Mussolini, it should be good. Meanwhile i will struggle on a bit longer with the book I am reading at present, but suspect I will give up on it shortly ...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment