Sunday, May 26, 2013
I forgot to mention that when I came away from my friend's place yesterday I was clutching a bundle of one kilogram of jointed baby bunny which now resides in the freezer. I was disconcerted to see it putting in an appearance in the Harry Potter computer game this afternoon, but fortunately it left the screen before I worked out what i was supposed to do with it.
It seems I may have a tenant once more, in about a month's time. No updates on that for a couple of days as they are having a bank holiday over there. But they sound good (married couple looking for long-term lease, keen gardeners and her mother lives around the corner)so that is one good thing to look forward to. In the mean time i need to find out what is going on with the boiler as BG and other british gas companies are presently having all manner of sales on the installation of new boilers to comply with their environmental ratings etc. So clearly the right time to act if it is in the least bit possible.
We have had some very interesting atmospheric effects of late. This was sunrise a couple of days ago:
And this afternoon this special effects rainbow appeared briefly in the sky:
The rain, to which the bow referred, was a bare mizzle only spotted as it was back lit by the sinking sun.
Still, very pretty I am sure you agree.
The lamb neck was finally cooked last night and will be consumed (in part at least) tonight. It has prunes, port, cinnamon, cumin and cardamon seeds in it, so will presumably be good served with couscous, which is what I will be trying anyway.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment