Friday, May 3, 2013

The electricity is back and I am feeling quite smug to have survived two nights without it. Still, it is good to have it back again. The freezer bottom is once again invisible (though I took advantage of the opportunity to defrost it). I am astounded at how little it looks now it is back in the freezer, but how much space it took up when spread across three other people's freezers. Mind you, I still have the two shelves of stuff to collect from Gordon, but even so. I tried to make the storage a little more coherent, so chicken in the back left, pork on the right middle and rear, lamb in the middle and beef toward the front. Though that will probably last until the next frenzied search for the rolled pork belly, or whatever that special recipe calls for. Apart from that, not much was achieved today - the new electrician is excellent and anyone who needs one need only ask me for references. He also has a cute bum as he goes up the ladder (lol). He's based at Claremont so any southerners might be interested to know of his availability. The dog will be pleased to get his electric blanket back, and I am thrilled to have the washing machine back (was running out of clothes and thinking a trip to the laundromat might be required), so all is well with the world at present. Touch Wood.

No comments:

Post a Comment