Thursday, May 30, 2013
A quiet day in, today. Did the first Block of the Month from that free online class I enrolled in. A log cabin with uneven width strips. Followed the instructions and yes, the method does certainly get me a lot closer to a square of the correct dimensions than my earlier efforts. Still a bit less than quarter of an inch under sized, but a lot better than my earlier efforts. I was able to do this as, although the fabric I ordered has not yet arrived, I have some from that collection already in my stash, so decided it would be possible to proceed using that. Tomorrow is Men's Shed day and I hope to sharpen all my chisels as well as cut a rebate into the moulding for the front door. Once that is also cut, I can prime both bits of wood and install the ones on the front door to provide a weathertight seal preparatory to all that winter rain that does not seem to have put in an appearance yet ...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment