Saturday, June 1, 2013

First day of winter today. The time I spent sitting beside the lake waiting for my training call was spent realising next Monday is, of course, Queen's Birthday Holiday. I will ring GCC and check they really do mean to interview me then, or whether that was a mistake on their part.... So after the training call I went to visit someone i have not seen for ages as she goes to the Tuesday quilting group I have stopped going to in the vain hope of avoiding the toxic one. Had a nice long chat and catchup and met their new dog (the other one having finally died) and then home to light the fire. I had planned to cut some wood up with the newly sharpened chainsaw but it decided it did not want to start, so I gave that a miss. Spent time printing out the new training call scripts and generally sorting things out about the place, and am now settling down to a night in front of the fire with a good book.

No comments:

Post a Comment