Thursday, June 6, 2013

Well eureka! I have the names and contact details of two RICS members in the area so will call them (probably tomorrow night as tonight the weather is a bit too wild to be driving into town to find a signal...). I have also tracked down the relevant organisations that govern letting agents in the UK (when I say 'govern', I mean voluntary membership and code of practice, not regulate). The first step, which I have initiated, is to contact the letting agent and request a copy of their complaints procedure. They are obliged to make this freely available to owners - as in on their front counter etc. So I have asked it be sent before Close of Business today. I have also spent some time today compiling a list of exchanges to demonstrate my complaint. So while this does not address the problem in an urgent manner, I do feel I am heading in the right direction. It is moments like these it would be nice to live closer to town. I have been trying to find a ream of coloured A4 to print off my 'sent' emails so they are easier to distinguish from the 'received' emails in my records. No such luck apparently. A bit extreme to take a run down to Bridgewater to get some. I wonder if they might have some in Campbell Town? I will phone the IGA there tomorrow and find out. Cut some firewood today as the forecast said rain, and we have certainly had wild winds, but no rain so far (though apparently surrounding districts have, judging by the circling clouds). Oh well, I had hoped for some water, but you can't have everything. Perhaps it will arrive later tonight. Surprisingly dark for the time of day today - more like five than four, but I guess that's the clouds overhead that fail to produce rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment