Saturday, June 8, 2013
It's only supposed to go down to six tonight. So how come my frost alerts are all going off? Feeling a bit chilly. Spent another day filing (amazing how much loose paperwork can accumulate in a house in four years!!) and have most of it wrestled back under control. The remaining pile is now only about two inches high, and seems to comprise stuff that does not fit into any intuitive label but which should be kept nevertheless. I think I will sleep on it.
Today was rather lovely outdoors, pity I could not get out there to enjoy it, except for a short burst of activity with the chainsaw. That newly sharpened chain is a bonus and cuts through things very rapidly. There is an oxtail simmering in the oven at present, but tonight's dinner is more likely to be oven-baked fish and chips as the oxtail needs to be chilled, deprived of fat, reheated, have stuff added, thickened and then served for dinner tomorrow night instead. I have a friend coming for lunch which will be very nice (though have a frenzied morning of cleaning to do before she gets here, lol) and she will hopefully come bearing a ream of coloured A4 for printing out the emails (sent) so I can organise my thoughts about the UK situation and my formal complaint. Yesterday's computations at least provided some short-term solutions, so I live in hope I can organise something else before things get messy. There's always that lotto ticket sitting in my wallet waiting for me to check it when I hit Glenorchy for the interview come thursday!! (I wish!!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment