Thursday, June 13, 2013

Interview today and the weather was grey and miserable with a constant mizzle on the way down to town (and home) and grey overcast while in town. Managed to complete all my errands - quelle surprise - as well as arriving in a timely manner for the interview. The good news is that my favourite kindling supplier seems to be back in business so was able to pick up a bag of that on the way home as well. For the interview I wore sensible black loafers, charcoal grey winter tights, black pencil skirt, a blouse other than the one i bought yesterday (no surprises there ...), my new charcoal winter overcoat from the Bargain Centre, and a saffron silk scarf. Hair up in a clip, minimal makeup, but enough to show I had made an effort. No idea how it went. The chair did comment on the distances involved which I was mildly alarmed at, but the questions were easy and provided an opportunity to expand on a wide range of experience. So fingers crossed, but not holding my breath. If I get it I would be working Mon Tues Thurs and my anticipated difficulty with evening meetings has now been addressed as Council meets in the afternoons, as do the relevant committees. No flex time, but TOIL instead which is much of a muchness really. Other errands were minor, apart from stopping in Pontville to take some photos of a friend's house which is for sale privately. Apparently the prospective purchaser wants to knock down two sheds and wanted her to tell her if it was OK. Since the place is heritage listed I suggested this course, and I will send the photos into HT with my recommendations as well, so the buyer can ring the directly for advice. Picked up the grafting tape necessary before I can progress any further pruning (I have one tree that reverted to rootstock which I intend to try grafting onto to see if it works) and minor household stuff. So a full day, but hopefully productive.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with the job. Good to see the water going into the tanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very slowly at my end Deb. Have only had about 8mm and need over 25 to get the tank overflowing ... :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. 6mm here and we need 45 to get ours overflowing. wishing for a wettish winter (rain through the nights of course).

    ReplyDelete