Wednesday, June 5, 2013
More mayhem in England, but least said soonest mended. The contractor is proving a mine of useful information and has been sending me emails with suggestions of useful people to contact to sort things out. Members of two internet forums over there (of which I have been a member of longstanding) have also provided very helpful advice and links to such sites as RICS (chartered surveyors apparently manage property for owners over there!!) and the Ombudsman (with a copy of their code of practice and a setting out of the complaints procedures. Meanwhile my contact at the agents has decided it is all too hard and referred me to her colleague who is the one I spoke to on the phone. Hopefully she will continue to show the creative and helpful approach she showed during our phone call. I will fully brief her on questions to which I continue to await answers and see how I go. Tomorrow may be spent drafting a formal complaint.
Needless to say this has done nothing for my sleep patterns so I have been awake since four this morning after an even earlier start yesterday. I almost decided not to go to quilting as I felt I was hardly in the frame of mind to deal with Little Miss neighbour's spy. Glad I did though as some people were there I had not seen for some time and we had a number of lovely chats (all carefully and overtly eavesdropped by the pest, but at least she limited her interjections and tendency to turn the conversation round to herself...
So = fire is lit, the animals are fed. No idea what i am having for dinner but no doubt the freezer hides some gourmet delight. I will be off to bed early tonight methinks...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment