Sunday, April 28, 2013

Yesterday, it seems, was a bit of a flash in the pan. Oh well. At least, when, at four this morning, the roofing iron went for more flying lessons, there was sufficient moonlight for me to see to put it back without drawing attention to myself. Still there this morning, thank heaven. Odd that after a good two years of meekly sitting there against all the odds, it decided to make a break for it yesterday. Must have been the angle of the wind. Had an email today alerting me to a well-paid part-time job so spent a good amount of time drafting a covering letter, refreshing my CV and considering how to respond to the selection criteria. Finding referees may also be a challenge as the person who tipped me off is on the panel, so not able to do so. Pity. I will phone around tomorrow and find out who might be willing to stand up for me. I checked out the properties in the area but sadly can not do what I was contemplating (buying to rent and then selling up here once I was retired and had a supplemented income from the Herbalife). Pity. Still, it does at least provide me with an income while i build up the business which I have discovered, would be a blessing. The Mughlai lamb is on hold as I could not find it in the freezer yesterday and only unearthed it today. Instead it is hedgehog tatties accompanied by two lamb chops which I found during my rummaging. Fortunately the leg of lamb reported for duty this morning and so is on the list for tomorrow night. A still chilly evening tonight, thank the lord, and the fire chugging nicely away in the loungeroom (to where I am about to retire).

No comments:

Post a Comment