Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Popped into Oatlands this morning to get some groceries and ran into someone from up the road who, I had noticed the other day, has been building sheds with iron for cladding. Since i have a huge stack of the stuff, I offered it to him and he came to collect it this afternoon. Quite unexpectedly, he offered to pay for it!! So I now have $50 tucked into my piggy bank that was not there before!! Life's little pleasures. I had expected to end up taking the whole lot to the tip due to my failed efforts to get rid of it on Freecycle. He is coming back for more of the various materials that i have lying around the place and will also pay for them. The price, by the way, was a result of me saying, 'no idea what to ask' and him offering the money. So I am very happy indeed. Last night's mughlai lamb was luscious - definitely worth the mucking around to make the curry poultice the lamb is baked in, and the wait for it to be 'done' which made it a late dinner last night. Same again tonight, but I will cook some rice to go with it I think. The deep white frost this morning was a rather clear harbinger of winter. I am glad I was indoors. The dog and the cats were also glad they were indoors. Luckily for the dog, the cats have not yet worked out he has a nice warm and cosy bed these days. when they do he will be on bare floorboards. As it is he spend the evenings in the hall, as the cats have commandeered all bedding in the loungeroom. And Smidgen had turned my electric blanket on too, the little rotter!

No comments:

Post a Comment