Monday, April 8, 2013
A more confusing aspect of the end of DS is that the night is suddenly upon one, triggering feelings of sleepiness that are disproportionate to the time of day. Still, I had a plate full of szechuan prawns to keep me awake last night and the same again tonight, so that should be OK. Disappointingly the mornings are not much brighter, partly due to the overcast, partly due to waking at five when the sun is still snoring over the horizon.
I cut a head of cabbage today and it is sliced and diced waiting for an ox cheek to simmer down to jelly to make the base of the russian cabbage soup that is the destination of this lovely wee thing. A friend dropped off a pumpkin, onions, sweet potato and other such lovelies which will combine nicely into another soup option so it will be a while before I starve. And I have been eyeing off the few cider apples and some pears and other such pomes lying around and decided to make a small batch of cider using a recipe that does not require me to own a cider press.
Another recruiting call came through today - only 16yoa which strikes me as a bit young to get a merchant account - but otherwise she sounds very poised and mature. Awaiting my coach's verdict on her and will call her in the morning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment