Friday, April 5, 2013

Apparently the chainsaw felt I needed the exercise yesterday since it started quite happily this morning and carved its way through sufficient wood to keep the chill at bay for a couple of days. Since it will be 13 on Monday, this is not an idle exercise, but rather one that will be needful. Tomorrow morning is once again scheduled for lots of calls to various people. I did follow up on yesterday's enquiry and she seems very keen - albeit may not be able to work due to her residency status (sigh), but she is checking that out and we will call her back not Tomorrow, but the following Saturday. So that is quite exciting. I also received my stuff back from my failed previous customer attempt, with a lovely note from the son. A gorgeous autumn day so I spent it visiting friends and catching up on all the gossip that can no longer be shared at quilting now my charming neighbour's charming friend has joined the Wednesday group as well as that on Tuesday. I am possibly being paranoid, but really - would you join a group that involved someone you hated as much as her behaviour suggests she hates me? Of course not - unless you hoped to drive your target away from her favourite haunts as part of the neighbour's campaign to displace me from my home. Not quite what one might expect from someone so loudly self avowed as a Christian ... The hexagons are going slowly - all the paper ones are cut out, the fabric ones are largely cut out, some are even tacked onto the papers, though I begin to wonder if I actually left sufficient seam allowance for the type of tacking I am doing ... Very mild hint of a frost this morning before a lovely sunny day.

No comments:

Post a Comment