Monday, April 22, 2013

The fog this morning lingered until lunch time following which it was nice and sunny. But not sunny enough to boost the hot water past 35 degrees, so I gave in and hit the switch on the booster power. Lord knows what this will do to my power bill (which remains smugly below well below that of the average single person household) but it would be nice to be clean and cosy in the mornings. The bed was stripped and sheets replaced - still on cotton sheets at this point, though i have graduated to my autumn PJs and this wash have removed the light weight blanket so it is the doona and quilt providing the heat. A morning of unproductive phone calls and home to cut more wood, in time for the lovely sunshine to go away and be replaced by grey overcast once more. At least the sun and breeze dried off the wood so that i have a goodly stash of dry stuff to see me through the next couple of days. I note that next monday will apparently be 19 degrees, so a bit early to be fretting about winter just yet. I may push my luck and sow some parsnip and carrot seeds to see what happens. Maybe some beetroot as well. Tonight's dinner will be rice with a chicken and leek casserole i cooked ages ago and froze. I was unable to find some mango chutney in town today - will have another look tomorrow, in case i missed it. But i doubt it. Pity - was looking forward to the potato salad with curry and mango chutney dressing. Will have to settle for the couscous and tuna salad for dinner tomorrow night I guess. Just finally found out what couscous is made from - sago flour! Who knew?! not me, that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment