Thursday, April 4, 2013

Well the Lord giveth and he taketh away - I had a call today from someone in Melbourne following up on my ad so perhaps i have a new prospective client - who knows. I have sent her an email and will await results. It was a nice still sunny day today so I decided I would take the time to cut some firewood. Well that idea lasted long enough for me to realise the chainsaw was not going to start, so I gave up and went to visit Jean (tomorrow I will visit Caroline and get her husband to start it for me - it is just being lazy after 18 months of inaction one assumes. new fuel and new bar lube does not appear to have been sufficient incentive. Then, having retrieved my hexagon templates from Jean I cut quantities of papers, and some fabric hexagons and am now plodding my way through tacking them down, so I can sew them together. I am making a cushion cover. The various partial unpackings I have indulged in have included a cane chair. This has been around for as long as I can remember though, until I visited my aunt in 2009, no-one thought to let me know that it was part of a dining suite brought out from Germany by one of my forebears. My sister has one of the carvers, and the other carver and several chairs are distributed around some of the more remote reaches of the family. The reason it needs a cushion is because the cats, given half a chance, will destroy the caning on the seat. At present there is a rather random cushion sitting on it which Esther rather likes to lie upon, but it needs its own cushion that suits the chair. I have some down-filled cushion inserts, so once I have made a hexagon cover for it, it will use one of them to plump it up for appearances sake. The colour range is autumn greens, reds and oranges which should tie back to the various other colours in the room reasonably well. Fiddly stuff these hexagons... So I have no wood cut for tonight which, given the frost we had this morning is disappointing, but there is enough to keep the place warm till bed time.

No comments:

Post a Comment