Tuesday, April 23, 2013
Some weeks ago I took a fancy to a rather silly offer on Loveitup which is a website that offers various rather random items for sale at heavily discounted prices. Anything from nappies to international cruises. This one was for a stick on black board which struck me as something fairly useful given my talent for losing the notes I write to myself. Anyway it was due to arrive several weeks ago, but failed to do so. Just as I was becoming mildly concerned, I received an email from a nice man called Eric who was somewhere in China explaining that things had come unstuck but i could expect to receive the item eventually if I could only be patient. We commenced correspondence for a while then all was quiet on the home front for some time. It eventually arrived about four days ago and i have been plucking up the courage to cut it up and apply it on some plane surface so I can use it. There are a couple of meters of the stuff, so there was room for error, but i was a bit concerned that once stuck down it might prove immovable. Well. No need to panic folks. It is sort of like fablon only has a low-tack fixative on the back so that when you apply it unevenly with lots of air bubbles (as I did the first time) you can ease it back off readily and lay it back down so it is level and smooth.
So the top door of the fridge is now a useful location for logging my intended meals for which I have ingredients (one of the failings in my menu planning is that I plan, I buy, but then forget what I had in mind ...). There are, however, a couple more metres of the stuff and I was originally planning to apply them to the doors of the jam cupboard so I can see them at a glance from where i sit at the kitchen table working on the computer. This would make them useful spots to remind myself about phone calls, orders, whatever else tends to fall between the increasingly large gaps in my mind.
Of course the down side of this location is that it is too far off the ground even for me to be able to take full advantage of the height. Another possible location is the front panels of the doors of the dresser that resides in a semi-restored state by the back door in the kitchen. These three panels are almost custom-made for the purpose as they provide opportunities for shopping lists, seed lists, garden chores and all manner of exciting stuff.
They do, however require considerable preparation. so I remain undecided at present. Another option is the full length of the pantry door (which presents difficulties in terms of rubbing against the writing as I gain access to the other door), or the door into the laundry (which then would require some sort of 'framing' so as to define the space it occupied. So I remain undecided.
You will have noticed I lack paragraphs and have done so for some time. This seems to be a result of the various rejiggings they have done to Blogspot. It begins to annoy so I will provide them with feedback methinks.
One of my scores in the food bonanza from Freecycle was a small jar of mixed dried beans including lentils and what appear to be mustard seeds or some such thing. I have no idea of the purpose for this, so have set some to soak overnight with a view to seeing if they turn out to be potential beansprout sources. Failing success on that arena I will bung them into a soup for a bit of extra body.
Despite the luscious menu on the fridge, tonight will be reheated chicken and leek from a container in the freezer as I cooked far too much rice last night which I must use up promptly!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment