
The weather gods bunged on a spectacularly lovely day today - which was only appropriate, given it was Australia Day. No idea what the top was, but then it was probably not all that high. Still, the sunshine was gorgeous after yesterday's gloom (which you can see in the photo, taken yesterday evening).
We did not make quite as much progress as Wayne hoped, but we do have two layers of weatherboards on, and all the architraves looks schmick and the door now has an architrave too!
Barbara and the kids came up for lunch and cooked us a really top notch barbecue lunch which was consumed with gusto, then I whipped out the failed pavlova with lashings of cream, banana and passionfruit for a birthday surprise for Wayne. We were still eating when Wayne's friends also arrived and had a bit of a look around, so it was quite a social day all up.
This also explains the lack of progress, to some extent. I will take another pic tomorrow as I suspect by then we will have all the weatherboards in position so the place will look like a real house once more.
The geese were running around their yard in an agitated manner this evening. Took me a while to work out what their problem was - they were chasing off the dozens of sparrows that were stealing the grain I had put out for them.
And the bees were going to town in the neighbour's flowering gum - having a lovely time. I may yet get to spin some honey before winter if they keep working that hard.
There is a lot of coming and going into the weak hive also, so hopefully they are raising the brood cells, and not simply robbing it out. We will have to wait and see I guess.
No comments:
Post a Comment