Quilting today and I made some progress on the tapestry once more. This time, the kangaroo and the ground it is standing on. Plus a few of the leaves of the Sturt Desert Peas and more background filling. I find occasional spots where there is no number designated to the block of colour which is annoying. So at present I have worked all the way around the one in question in the hope that a suitable colour will suggest itself. No luck so far, so will have to get the magnifying glass out and see if the lid of the box gives me a clue. It has a colour illustration of the completed tapestry, but it is very small, and so is this particular block of missing colour.
Last night was quite cool so I lit the fire and boiled the kettle for some tea. There was a bit of a crisis as I realised I had either run out of teabags or I have put them in a 'safe place' in all the re-arranging and can not find them. But I did find my tea pot and some leaf tea (Russian Caravan) which, combined with the fire made for a very pleasant evening drink.
Then, it being cool, I managed to sleep all the way through till 8 this morning so it was a bit of rush getting organised to go out. But I am home now, the chooks are fed and the dog has had a run around and the cats are in, so I am planning on heating up some of last night's stew (beef and mushroom) to have with some mash.
No comments:
Post a Comment