Sunday, January 9, 2011

Extremely late tonight - sorry ... Wayne did not arrive until after five this evening so by the time he was settled in and we had our dinner and I turned on the computer, the signal had decided to go AWOL completely. But it seems to be back now.

In the mean time I finalised the draft of the letter to my neighbour regarding the fence, and am planning to print it out in the morning for delivery to the post office.

During the day I sorted out cupboards in the kitchen to a fair extent.It is a bit of a muddle still as all the cupboards were full already so had to be emptied out shelf at a time - the right stuff put back onto the relevant shelf and the rest stowed out of the way before I could empty out the next shelf and so on. Still ... the left hand pantry cupboard is now big cooking pots on the bottom, bowls on the next shelf (amazing how many bowls I have) and so forth. The top shelf is vases and various junky bits of stuff that have no apparent use but which have sentimental value. And the right hand cupboard has foodstuffs and cooking pans, casseroles etc.

I also finally found my tiny gravy saucepan and .. ta da! the mixmaster!!! So now I can mix cakes by machine instead of hand. And make small batches of white sauce and gravy when required. Made some dumplings for the oxtail stew and so am now set up for meals while Wayne is here.

The weather forecast is not so good for the latter half of the week, so we may only manage to get the bottom plate of the front wall sorted and the side wall weatherboarded. Still, it will be progress and that's a good thing. Will also have a look at the window to see what needs to be done apart from the sill and Wayne rather hopes we can get away without removing it, which would be a good thing.

Weather was rather more tolerable today. The wind was slow for much of the day, but there were occasional gusts, quite out of nowhere that blew once and then went away - all very odd.

No comments:

Post a Comment