Today was supposed to be 26 with very high fire danger. Well we got the strong winds, but they arrived in the morning before the heat did and had died down by the time the heat arrived, which did not last too long anyway and disappeared behind ominous clouds that failed to deliver. So a fair bit of non-weather today.
The neighbour headed out early this morning while I was still watering the garden, so I whipped back to the house, and got out the Round-up and gave all the regrowth in the undesirable areas another hit with the stuff. Then back to watering for a bit longer.
Since I was mucking around with hoses I decided it was a good chance to give the dog his bath which, because of the heat, he actually enjoyed. He had a lovely time rolling around on the dry grass to get rid of the excess water then lay in the sun while it lasted to get dry.
While he was doing that I started pulling apart that cupboard beside the fireplace. Very simple construction so it came apart in the various component pieces I wanted it to. Then got out the sander and had a go at removing the various splashes of thick white paint that Desi left behind and decided to keep going to remove the varnish as well. With the new stain it looks great even if it only one top-rail done so far. The rest will have to wait while i sleep on it as I need to ensure that I remove any bits that will get in the way when I build the bookshelves, but also avoid leaving gaping holes in the wall where the cats can get into the insulation. Since I am probably going to be drystone walling tomorrow that will not happen soon, but that gives me all the more thinking time.
My muscles are still quite sore from the various building activities with Wayne, so hopefully tomorrow will sort them out (one way or another).
Clean sheets, clean dog and clean pjs for bed tonight - won't that be nice!
No comments:
Post a Comment