
The site supervisor, the project manager and the architect held a number of meetings today. They seem concerned the project is moving along too quickly and that they will need to seek employment across the road at Alison's place. Little do they realise how much more work is required to get things done. The architect (Smidgen) only called in occasionally, but went over the road several times to scope Alison's place and to view progress at mine. He seems fairly street smart and will stop crossing the road when he hears a car coming, even from some distance away, which is always a good thing.
We did, however, manage to finish the weatherboards, despite all these stop-work meetings and Wayne got away rather later than he planned. We re-sorted the lumber stack before he left. It has been morphing out of shape with all the various deliveries and so forth, and so is back to its neat dimensions now.The acoustics in the place are somewhat different to what they were, and I will need to re-learn where outside noises are coming from as that has all changed too.
I have given the hedge an hour's soaking today but the garden is looking fine and seems to be coping with this mini-heat-wave well.
And now i am planning to have a nice lazy evening as I am knackered from all the sun today. Which is odd as this morning I was in a jumper and beanie and flanny and various other layers trying desperately to keep warm while passing levels and making notes on bits of wood as Wayne took measurements for the trickier cuts. Now I am in a sleeveless shift enjoying the solidity of the house.
Well done everyone! The place is looking great!
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful to see such progress.