It was quite soggy this morning so I decided to go to town to sort out a few lingering things. So I returned the electrical items I now do not require, bought some grocery supplies and some chook food and headed home once more, calling into a farm to get some fresh apricots, cherries and more apricots (of the jam variety). The cherries will be processed into some brandy I happen to have to hand, and any left over will be cooked for use as filling in a cherry danish or three. The apricots will be jammed, eaten or bottled, depending on my mood.
Came back feeling quite chuffed at getting so much done and dusted, then checked the letterbox where another notice had arrived for a registered mail item. Popped into town to collect another letter from Rita which, once I struggled through the heretofores and 'yours of the xth insts' seems to say she has agreed to pay for and construct the lower section of fencing, separately from the paling fence which I will commence as soon as the fencing contractor is available. I have written back confirming my understanding that the fence will be constructed using new materials etc, just for clarification of the detail (you never know how things will be done unless the detail is specified).
So that is that - and a good thing too. It will be lovely to be able to step out the back door without worrying about looming menaces, and to walk down the side boundary between the house and the fence, or the container and the fence, and not feel the need to be constantly alert to possible verbal assaults or worse.
The chooks have given up laying as a broody has taken over the nest. Irritating, but I have rather too many eggs as it is. I was planning to get rid of a fair few of these by baking for the dog trials. But it seems they are tomorrow, not Wednesday, so I guess I won't be baking then... I will, however, clean up the kitchen in case.
So I now have a nice rolled roast to make a pot roast for next week's dinners and will put some time into that as well. Eleanor is planning to call out tomorrow with some fresh veges from her garden. Will send her an email tonight to let her know I am dog trialling, and will leave a note on the back door in case she misses the email. Good thing it is only over the back fence.
Oh, and while I was at the tip I also approached about another dry-stone walling exercise which sounds like fun. It will be down by the lake so probably an ideal time of year to be doing it (assuming summer ever arrives).
No comments:
Post a Comment