Saturday, January 29, 2011

It was one of those days where it starts of chilly and gets better as it goes along. But by 11am I had cracked and lit the fire. As a consequence, I spent the rest of the day in the kitchen, escaping the heat from the cast iron - oh well. At least the time spent in the kitchen was productive with eleven fancy jars of apricot chutney and two larger ones of apricot puree (which i suspect is a mistake, as I forgot to add sugar, so once again, they will have to be consumed fairly soon).

I also fitted in a trip to the tip to get rid of the various detritus of the last few days activities as well as the various off-cuts of treated timber that seem to accumulate despite me rarely using it (they use it as supports for the timber that gets delivered, and so I have also been using it for that purpose).

And two loads of washing done. So I guess it was not quite as relaxed a day as I had in mind, but not all that productive either. I suspect tomorrow will be spent getting the house in order also - it needs vacuuming badly. It needed that before I used the tablesaw in the loungeroom and forgot to shut the doors, so you can imagine what it looks like now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment