It was another day at quilting today - back to work tomorrow. Hopefully the yard-clearing guy will be here, though perhaps not. I will also need to call Aurora as their ten working days are up on Friday and they have yet to put in an appearance.
Jean only called into quilting briefly today to off-load a basket of books and folders of crafty things. One was a little book of cross-stitch patterns that I snaffled for myself. It includes patterns for some of those lovely 'botanical drawing' style cross-stitches that I have always admired and would love to do some time. Today I finished off the kangaroo, added some grass tussocks, and did the french knots below the crocodile as well as infilling more background colours and finishing off the last of the mid-blue ripples on the left hand side. But still a long way to go. The bunch of grapes is not actually printed on the fabric, I guess i have to ad-lib it using french knots for texture.
No sewing next week due to other commitments, and I am missing our annual road trip to Launceston which is a pity - it is a fun day out and we ransack several quilting shops in our path. But maybe next year I can go.
Made more progress on the tapestry thingy so have take a photo to let you see how far I have yet to go .......... it is taking forever!
No comments:
Post a Comment