Thursday, January 6, 2011

The new efficient electrician arrived this morning and has fixed up all the work that needed to be carried out and will be sending me his bill shortly.

He has not removed the cable from the front of the house, which is good in that it means I still have electricity throughout, but bad in that it makes access to that wall a bit tricky for Wayne. But he has reassured me that undoing the cable clips will not present a danger, so we can just remove it and work around it I guess.

While the electrician was here, I received a notification of a registered mail item which I assumed was a delayed response from the old, inefficient electrician. But in fact it turned out to be a lengthy letter in legalese from the neighbour regarding the fence.

While the tone is argumentative it does confirm she is happy to proceed with the paling fence, which is all that I need. However it also tries to shift responsibility to me for obtaining quotes for the balance of the fencing according to her revised specifications. I am presently drafting a response that thanks her for cutting down the trees, confirming agreement to the paling fence and suggests she obtain quotes for her preferred design which she can then present along with a Notice under the Act.

She also challenges the present position of the shipping container, which could be awkward. I will re-measure its position in relation to the boundary, but i am fairly sure it is one metre from it as she suggests is the requirement. I suspect she has taken her measurement from the present wire barrier that I constructed on my property to stop the dog wandering into her yard with gay abandon as was his wont when the place was vacant.

She also can not resist having a go about the chooks once more which I guess was inevitable. It will be an interesting hearing in the Tribunal if she goes for her presently preferred option which involves rabbit-proof fencing at four times the cost of my proposed fence.

It has been a surprisingly warm day today, given it started off in deep fog. I wonder what tomorrow will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment