Tuesday, January 25, 2011

All went according to plan today at least. Wayne arrived as I was putting the finishing touches to the window sill and got to work removing weatherboards. They are all off now and the insulation is in, with the sisalation over the top and the flashing down the bottom so we should be set if there is any wind or rain tonight. I also sprayed bondcrete (diluted) over the backs of the plaster as this is the wall that seems to be experiencing most of the cracks. It was interesting to note that they are cracking along the seam line between the old base coat and the new base coat so perhaps it is that, which is causing the problem, rather than the house moving around. Oh well, I will get onto it once the weatherboards are in place and we can see where we are going.

New architraves will be going on the window and the doorway so it will look respectable - especially if the sill is replaced as we go which is the plan. Then hopefully half the weatherboards will go on tomorrow too. But given it is Australia Day and Barbara is planning a visit (she intends to cook us lunch) then it will all be a bit of a rush I suspect. If we get the architraves sorted by lunchtime, we can see how we go in the afternoon.

I had the table saw out for the sill so also trimmed down the shelf and doors for the cupboard in the alcove. I will need some iron-on trim to finish off the rough edges, then they can go on too and I will be able to fit the door handles as well. That will be good as the preserves are presently in full light which can not be good for them.

Pot roast tonight for dinner and that should be ready to eat soon (I hope - I am starving!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment