Today was the third sunday of the month, and therefore Farmer's Market day. Of course, I had completely forgotten this so had nothing available to sell, but i popped in to see the person whose stall I sometimes share to let her know and was roped into helping set up large marquees to house said stall.
Once that was done I returned home and did some mowing (basically just around the house as the neighbour was hard at work in her back yard and I really did not feel in the mood to deal with that). Then retreated indoors to file my English Tax Return. Problem was, that i discovered I have to log in to obtain a user ID and password which will then be confirmed by mail. Not sure whether this means I have to wait for the letter to be able to do the deal or whether it is simply a formality. Anyway, it was discouraging, so I stopped dealing with that and got out the sander to have a go at the top of the cabinet in the loungeroom. This will be reused as the top of the woodbox (at least its frame will be) so I decided to sand back the bits of wood on it to see if the stain I bought the other day was the right colour for doing the unstained timber from the shelf, that I plan to use as the front of the woodbox. It wasn't. It is far too red - almost burgundy, and so not terribly much use at all. The actual panelling does look quite reddish, but when compared with the English Mahogany stain, it becomes apparent that it is actually a brownish gold. So I will need to have another go at getting an appropriate stain. But I suspect the 'old baltic' stain will be too yellow. So maybe a combination of the old baltic, the wenge and the mahogany will get a result...
Anyway that was really just messing around and I really should have been wheeling out the tablesaw to make the window sill. But i didn't. Instead I invested some time trying to work out what the neighbour is doing in her back yard.
While up on the scaffolding las week, I noticed what looked like the beginning of a large pond. But today she installed three hoops of pipe such as you use for building a greenhouse. Right over the top of the hole forming a tunnel that faces directly toward my kitcen window. Then she dug out more depth to the 'pond' and has now knocked off. Goodness knows what it will be once it is finished, as I can not imagine why you might want to roof over a pond - all very confusing. Once a second tank is in position, any views into my kitchen window will be obliterated, which will be good. In the mean time I guess I will have to wait and see what she is doing.
And on the other side of me I noticed that their horses have been noticeably absent for some days now. All a bit of a mystery there too. Will have to go to quilting this week to find out what is going on - the suspense is killing me!
No comments:
Post a Comment