They forecast a hot one and it was indeed a hot one. 28 degrees!!! Fortunately by the time the wind picked up the temperature had dropped considerably and is now around 18. I say fortunately as the guy has yet to be in touch about clearing the long dry grass for me. I phoned him this morning and left a message suggesting a degree of urgency but he has not called back. If he doesn't call back by Monday I will seek alternate options.
Jonno, my lovely plumber, turned up yesterday evening with the scaffolding Wayne and I will need to access to the top of the walls. The trestle - also required - will be dropped off on Monday evening as it is presently in use. He has shown me how it all fits together (cleverly colour-coded) and the two platforms, together are big enough to waltz on (not that there will be time for that).
I spent much of the day fitting drawer fronts. They went on, but they were skew-whiff. So they came off and the holes plugged and then refitted. They are still slightly skew-whiff, but it will not be obvious once the dishwasher is in position, so I don't care really - as long as they work.
I had planned to move on from there to sorting out the kitchen cupboards (presently stuff just shoved in where it will fit so as to look like I am not occupying the space) as it seems I have to have the container moved 30 days after consruction is completed (i.e the certificate of occupancy, not finishing off plastering internally or roofing). Alternately I will have to apply for Planning permission to keep it where it is - an expense that is totally out of the question I am afraid. Jonno has expressed interest in the past in buying it off me, so will see what he reckons he can organise by way of a forklift to remove it. This will mean having to remove all the contents and find a place for them indoors which could prove challenging with the tools as well. So will need to give some considerable thought to rearranging things indoors. Removing it will free up space for the clothesline and for a new, smaller, shed which does not require planning approval, just more work for me at some distant future time.
Am sitting here in a sleeveless frock hoping the heat dissipates before bedtime or it will be 'orrible.
Will pop into town in the morning for some more supplies before Wayne's arrival so I am not having to dash into town while he is here. He is due at lunchtime, so if he gets here while I am out, at least it will be easy to back his caravan into the drive.
No comments:
Post a Comment