Today was marginally more relaxing. And a good thing too. I woke up feeling as if I had been through a wringer and it took till lunchtime before my energy re-emerged from where-ever it had been hiding. By that time i had stacked some wood and cleaned a cottage and got home laden with the food they left behind in the fridge. So tonight's dinner will probably involve putting the veges through the grater and adding a batter to make vege muffins or fritters as the spirit moves me.
Got home and noticed the neighbours had once again failed to clear up the horse poo in the paddocks (this despite having no further excuse as Judy's daughter has arrived and took her out for a drive today). So I popped over the fence and dealt with the paddock Judy's horse is in and left the rest for them to deal with, when and if they ever get around to it. Apparently they only do it if they have a cheer squad to motivate them. The resultant poo was piled into the bed that has the bramble berry in it, with a view to interring the berry entirely. That should give it a head start next Spring and keep it nice and snug over winter.
More wood was stacked though I still have a very long way to go, and some of the lighter pieces were sawn up for the fire that will be necessary tonight and tomorrow (one overnight, fourteen tomorrow).
Still feeling quite weary (had an energy drink to boost me a bit - not one of those cola things, but a relic of my Herbalife experiment), and will no doubt be climbing into bed early tonight - possibly with a painkiller to help my muscles relax a little. A hot bath is out of the question as I still have a curry leaf plant in there, awaiting collection.
No comments:
Post a Comment