Thursday, March 5, 2015

BOM got the forecast right today. Blooming freezing. Fortunately the rain cleared early in the morning so I was able to give the chainsaw some exercise. It started first time this time - who knows what goes on with these machines?

It is even chillier now, and I am enjoying having the fire lit (and some wood to put on it). As a consequence I spent much of the day indoors, and had fun trolling my local member who, as usual, has responded to my quite reasonable questions first with the assertion it is a lie perpetrated by the Greens, then, when faced with evidence to support my position, to back around and to assure me (with a figurative pat on the head) that in no way would the person in question do anything to harm Australia. Since he has said much the same of their leader, and of a certain former Minister for Immigration, I remain unconvinced. Particularly when the person under discussion has used the excuse 'well if Labor did it, why can't I?'

That aside, Seb had his worming tablet today. It was the first time I have tried to give him a tablet so I was expecting a bit of a battle. Instead, he took great interest in the package being opened, so I tried offering it to him as a treat. He gobbled it straight down - even cleaning up the crumbs he spilled when I pointed them out to him on the floor. Several liver treats were provided to wash away any nasty lingering after taste.

Getting back to the chainsaw - it is amazing the difference a new file and the filing jig makes to its cutting power! Straight cuts (usually they are a bit curved as I have been filing the wrong way) and straight through the wood as if it were butter - this will make life much easier this winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment