Judy's prolonged absence has been explained. Sadly her husband died this morning. He has been battling cancer for some time now, and today he played the end game. Sad times as he has been a real character since he and Judy moved into the town. Always dropping by with a helping hand, suggestions and ideas about how to do things for one-self. I am hoping someone lets me know the funeral arrangements, but I expect I will have to buy the Muckery tomorrow and find out for myself.
Meanwhile I played with my new toy some more. It is frustrating I was only allowed two tanks of fuel before it has to go back in for a service. But I did manage to fight my way into the walnut tree, which is now surrounded by a high donut of dry cut grass in anticipation of the next horse poo delivery. The idea, suggested to me by a friend, is that I thickly mulch all the fruit trees with a mix of hay and horsepoo so that they do not require watering and therefore survive summers better. Of course since it is necessary to keep the mulch away from the trunk it is not a complete pile, but a ring.
Today was coolish, but has now cooled down quite a bit - so much so my next venture outdoors will require a coat over the windcheater I am already wearing. So the fire has been lit to ensure the one degree forecast for overnight does not freeze us all to pieces. Meanwhile it has just started raining here - the first of the scattered showers forecast for the day.
Only one cottage today and the couple who were so insistent on getting in early at least had the decency to check out early too. So it is nice and tidy and ready for tonight's guests, who had not yet arrived by the time i left (and a good thing too!).
I am supposed to be going to a meeting about establishing a Bendigo Bank in Oatlands which I think is a good idea. But it will also be the death knell of the Commonwealth Bank Agency here, and therefore of my job, so my feelings are mixed.
I thought the Bendigo Bank would be a good thing to till I joined them and get fed up with being fleeced with fees galore. So after a month or two my accounts were closed and I stuck with the CBA who have been terrific to me.
ReplyDeleteOh. That's not good news. I will bear that in mind. I prefer not to support the Big Four, but one's options are severely limited in the country if you want to be able to go in and do face to face transactions from time to time.
ReplyDelete