I
have had a bitsy day today - turns out i had misread my roster and had
only one cottage to clean, and one envelope to put out. Not to worry -
it meant getting it over and done with - that and stacking the linen
that had been delivered.
I headed home with the chainsaw (finally serviced) in the back of the
ute and decided to cut some wood in anticipation of two cold days from
tomorrow. But first I needed my wheelbarrow, which you will recall I
left over the road almost a fortnight ago. When I arrived it was to find
her next door busy weeding the garden. I explained my errand and was
told cheerfully that i might like to take the manure from the stable
when I left as Judy has headed off once more unanounced and left them in
charge once more (God knows why!). | | Well some of the stable waste was
already in the barrow, which was a good start. But apparently the
concept of 'mucking out' is lost on my neighbours as they had been
removing waste but not adding fresh straw. As a consequence the floor of
the stable was a thick smear of manure with a few strands of
urine-soaked straw in it.
The 'mucking out' tool was quite useless in these circumstances, so I
hunted around for a spade which I used to clear half the floor with.
Then took that barrow load back to my place - piling it on the asparagus
- loaded up with grass hay from my latest whipper-snipping activities, and
returned to place it on the floor. The horse ate most of it as
apparently she is not getting her hay ration.
The second barrow load safely loaded I then hunted around for some fresh
straw and spread half a bale (not nearly enough, but I didn't have a
knife to cut the twine on the next bale) around the rear section of the
stall, so the horse could get out of the weather and be on something
soft and warm.
I have refrained from comment, but will keep up the service while Judy is away and have a word with her when she gets back.
Then I decided to get the chainsaw out, but managed to flood it, so gave up and came indoors.
There I was met with an email from a moderator on forum that I had resigned from a couple of years back (and subsequently been banned from without any advice to that effect. He had
recently tentatively offered me a chance to return - under certain conditions. I had responded to
the offer with a polite 'no thanks' setting out my reasons for doing
so. His response fully vindicated the position I had taken, but I
seriously doubt he realises this.
That dealt with, the chainsaw finally started and I have cut a
barrow-load of wood that should keep me cosy over the two days of chilly
wet weather they are forecasting, and now all I need to do is eat a
snack, go clean a bank, come home for dinner and go to bed! A good day's
work in all. |
No comments:
Post a Comment