The plan was that i would get the washing done first thing, but first thing it was cold, overcast and drizzly, so that was delayed somewhat. Since it was also hardly conducive to gardening I gave the beds a good soaking where I planned to put in seedlings, but that was as far as I got.
The washing was finally done and the bed remade, complete with electric blanket (remember I took it off to wash it), mattress topper and a pair of sheets that somehow never seem to get used. I suspect, if memory services, they are polycotton and they feel nasty, but I expect I will find out soon.
The tartes tatin were finally made, but as is my wont, the caramelising was more on the burnt side, so while they are edible, they are hardly worth mentioning. The remaining sheets of pastry (I just bought a 3-slice pack) were cut into circles, laid in a tray and then tiny toms were sliced in two and laid on top. A few pinches of shredded cheddar, sea salt and cracked pepper, plus a wipe with olive oil, and i have some nice little savoury flans for dinner.
With one degree forecast for overnight, I might whip out the frost cloth and pop it over the two beds that have tomatoes in them. But since the wind has just picked up, perhaps I won't.
One degree! Already!
ReplyDeleteYep! Horrors. I was planning to whip out the frost cloth but then realised it would not be till I was up and about in the morning so did not bother. Since it was not showing any sign of frost this morning (despite being nippy) I didn't bother with it.
ReplyDelete