The morning's chores included a trip into the community garden.
Fortunately not for the entire day as Syche's clan has increased by one
and she had grandparently responsibilities to attend to. I got home and
headed over the road to discover that they had just mucked out the
stable and had two barrow loads of horsey straw to get rid of. So they
came home and were tucked around the rhubarb plants, and the neat poo
went onto the last of the bed i have been filling up.
I
have driven in a star picket to support one of the apple trees that had
fallen over. As the soil is moist at present it was a simple job to
ease it upright once more without damaging too many roots, and to tie it
into place. Now if the stake doesn't fall over, the tree has a good
chance of growing upright once more. I will prune off some of the side
branches while it is dormant and hollow out its middle, then weight the
branches down so it doesn't get too tall. It is on dwarfing rootstock
which should help.
Then I swapped around the head on
the trimmer preparatory for tomorrow's working bee (assuming it goes
ahead), but did not get any more trimming done here as it decided to
rain. I did manage to cut a bit more firewood up and the fire is lit
once more as it has been a day of cool winds, and only broken sun. Since
it will be heading down to one degree tonight I will be grateful to
come home to a warm house when I have done the bank tonight.
Tomorrow
I think I will do some trimming at my place before heading into the
working bee as I still have no idea what time it is scheduled to start.
Since I do not, as yet, have any cottages scheduled I will be able to
fit both activities in without wearing myself out.
No comments:
Post a Comment