Wednesday, March 18, 2015

The steady rain that started yesterday evening seems to have kept up for most of the night. There were 8 mm in the gauge this morning! And this morning was so dark and overcast it looked like it would be going all today too. So I left the pump of the hot water system turned off (if I leave it on during heavily overcast days the water cools down too much) and headed in to clean the two cottages. Naturally, the skies cleared, so I had to go home at lunchtime to turn the pump on, then return to the working bee that was supposedly happening today.

What no-one had bothered to let me know was that the working bee had been rained out and was not happening, even though the weather had improved. I was not terribly happy about this, but took advantage of the afternoon off to have a little sit down. Much needed as I was, once again, very weary today. Apparently there are some major solar flares happening at present and this is disrupting everyone's sleep and mood, so that could explain it.

It rained again this afternoon - I took Judy up on her offer to bring Seb over for a play date with her dog, but got there just as she was going out again. It is hard to know if this is all due to her being rattled, or is some sort of code for taking back the various offers she has made.  Anyway, she went out and rather than leave Seb unsupervised with two other dogs he has only previously met on a leash, I stayed in the yard to keep an eye on things. And then it started to rain. Quite a bit. So I left him there and came home for a waterproof then headed back. Meanwhile he had gone into the house and the other two dogs had ganged up on him to some extent, so Seb had to be rescued from the hallway and taken outside. Where we stood, in the rain, and got rather wet. He is a bit of a cat in many ways so when we came home and he was indoors once more, he started licking his coat to dry himself. A quick towel down sorted out his problem and now he is unconscious on the floor.

I had taken him for a very long walk before we went over so he was not over-excited, and all in all I think it went well. It is a chance for him to get off leash at least, and once the other two dogs get over their clubbiness, he will be fine. He is actually surprisingly timid with them, and definitely willing to submit to instructions which I guess helps.

Tonight there is a bank to clean, but first I will need to put on some dry clothes as my jeans are sticking to me rather badly right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment