Tuesday, March 31, 2015

It's a veritable frenzy of activity over the road today - sheets being washed, horse being fed - there is no end to the industry...... Lawn not mown however, and I refuse to consider the state of the inside of the house - not my problem.

I toddled over with the wheelbarrow to muck out, but as the horse is busy eating her dinner I simply picked up around the paddock, parked the wheelbarrow in a place it won't cause the horse problems, and left.

It was a lovely day today, but the forecast for Thursday seems to be spiralling downward at an alarming rate. I will definitely need to get the chainsaw out tomorrow to prepare - and will take a cloth bag on the dog walk to pick up kindling and lighter wood to get it started. I have three cottages to do tomorrow so I expect that will be the extent of my activity then.

Today was spent in town, but not before a surprise start to the day when a neighbour across the street turned up with two hares prepared for the pot at 7:30! A very pleasant surprise indeed! They have been cut in half so they fit into freezer bags and popped into the freezer pending the arrival of a bottle of red or three. While I was in Hobart i called into Boks factory outlet and bought a kilo of bacon offcuts - did you know they do streaky bacon? I didn't. So I now have their fridge magnet so I can call ahead and order some to be cut when next I am in town.

Dog food and a few items at the hardware were the main incentives for the trip. Both of which have now been met. At the hardware I wanted one of those coir blocks for the worm farm. Mine has been sadly neglected over the years and lives in twilight in the spare bedroom (cum toolshed). The worm population has expanded enormously, so I have filled another tray with the coir, put the food on top, and am hoping the majority of the worms will migrate into the new medium. I am assuming that if I leave it that way for a week or three, then I can removed the lowest tray, distribute its contents into the garden and any spare worms that emerge during the process will be popped into the beds where there is horse poo so they have a chance of survival. Perhaps by then I will have rebuilt the compost heaps and they can live in there.

Also acquired a full-face visor for using while whipper-snippering to protect my 'delicate complexion' lol.

Next stop was Northgate where I opted to get a new phone when I realised the 'reduction' in my phone bill would only be ten dollars a month. Better to get a new one and just re-load my apps than bother mucking about. It has much the same plan and only costs $2.00 a month more, so is affordable. It is a Samsung Mini which, unlike the one I have at present, will fit comfortably into a shirt pocket and allow me to do it up. Now all I have to do is find a cover on ebay and i am away (this evening will be spent downloading apps and games once more).

It does mean I have to play my way through numerous very simple levels of the games i have to get up to the level I am at presently, but it will fill in spare moments to do so.

Sitting here summoning the energy to go for a walk with the dogs as they have been stuck indoors all day. We will head off shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment