Friday, March 13, 2015

Had a last minute request to clean cottages for her next door this morning. So they are now clean. Fortunately the volunteer who normally comes to the Community Garden called in sick this morning, so after dealing with an outbreak of mould in the polytunnel (removed all infected leaves etc), I was off to deal with the cottages.

On returning home I finally managed to catch Judy at home and conveyed my regrets. There is to be no funeral as he just wanted to be cremated without a fuss. Very sensible approach I reckon - please bear it in mind when it is my turn. Once over there I helped re-arrange furniture so his sick bed is no longer a feature of the living room and the new bedroom is set up and dressed, then back to the place next door to remove horse poo as Judy was concerned that her horse would be reinfested with the worms for which it has just been treated. Said horse poo was being deposited around the base of the walnut tree when the load of firewood was finally delivered. This is load one. I will be getting another at the beginning of next month since it is clearly going to be a cold winter, if this morning's frost is anything to go by.

Did some desultory wood-stacking, sorting through for some smaller pieces to keep me warm on Sunday when we are aiming for 14 with one overnight, then back into town to do a bit more in the garden (watering etc) before going to clean the bank. So much for retirement being all about sitting around relaxing!

My new toy is still at the garage as Andrew had a very busy day today, but I have arranged to call in tomorrow on the off-chance it will be ready to rock and roll. If not there is always 3 tonne of firewood to stack which should stop me fretting too badly (and two cottages to clean).

No comments:

Post a Comment