Monday, March 30, 2015

My concern about the horse got the better of me, so I went next door yesterday afternoon and mentioned mildly that the tack had been used and perhaps they might have somewhere secure they could store it till Judy got back. 'He' smiled benignly and said he had given permission for the 13 year old to go over, tack up and just put some weight in each stirrup. He then went on to say she was very inexperienced and prone to over-estimate her capabilities. I mildly suggested that, in that instance it might have been sensible to ensure she was supervised while she did it, in case of accidents..... Only two more sleeps and she is home which will be a huge relief. This afternoon the same 13 year old decided to give the mare a bath when she got home from school. Last I saw she was damp and unrugged, with the temperature heading down to four overnight. It seems the child has suddenly remembered her responsibilities and is spending the evenings with Judy's dog, so at least Mickey has some company.

Did some whipper snippering today - going over old ground and getting into the base of the grass tussocks in an effort to make the surface suitable for mowing. At present, the toughness of the tussock bases regularly stalls the mower so the entire exercise is a lot more tiring than it should be. If I can get them reduced to a suitable height I will be able to mow some of the more even areas rather than whipper-snippering all the time. I have concluded I need a full-face helmet while i am doing it, however, as I have now copped two sharp things in the face, both of which have drawn blood - that's what you get from a more powerful tool.

I am heading to town tomorrow, so when I call into the hardware I will check out these visor things and see what I can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment