Yesterday was quite muggy and became warm later in the day. Today started chilly and was so warm later in the day that I was regretting my choice of clothing. I also have a sunburned face as I had believed the forecast - silly me.
Last night we had a meeting in the former Supreme Court building in Oatlands. It is a lovely stone building that has been 'interpreted' by the resident archaeologist by leaving the roof framing exposed with the result that in winter it is bloody freezing in there due to heat loss through the tin roof.
The goal of the meeting was to identify people with various craft skills who would be willing to teach groups of day tourists various crafts. A very ambitious project that will require considerable thought as I can not imagine a coach load of American cruise ship passengers being very impressed after spending an hour or so on a coach, finding themselves in a bitterly cold building being taught by someone whose skills did not match or exceed their own. Still, the idea is to utilise our various empty heritage buildings for these purposes and see where we go from there. The day tour would involve morning and afternoon tea, time to wander around Oatlands visiting our various businesses (I can see Mancey's being a big hit, lol) and spending some time spinning, weaving, knitting, crocheting, making cheese or bread or soap whatever.
So .... had a chance to speak to our one new councillor and gave him my business card so he can keep in touch if he so wishes. Ran into another old class mate at the meeting (apparently she lives at Kempton - they are coming out of the woodwork thick and fast!), and ate some lovely cheeses, drank some terrible wine and headed home.
Today was a day in the garden and we made considerable progress on the weeds due to the very helpful assistance of some of the more responsible students, but were also hindered by various classes sweeping in and out causing havoc as they went. Still, all up it was a successful day and I have a handful of new potatoes to eat with the remaining Beef Wellington (that was not eaten last night for obvious reasons).
No comments:
Post a Comment