What a horrible day. Firstly the boss sent an email last night talking about late checkouts and early checkins. So I did not go in to the cottages until 11 as there seemed little point. Turned out out the late checkouts are tomorrow (something his email did not make at all clear) and early checkins today. So I frantically cleaned out one cottage, locked it up and moved on to the next one, only to realise I had locked both sets of keys, my car keys, phone, wallet and some of the cleaning gear into the first cottage (first thing I do when I get stressed is lock myself out of places).
So I ran up the street to Monika's shop to ask her to call my boss and explain the dilemma while I went back to work on the second cottage. She toddled over with her mobile and we called him together as she had got the message muddled. I explained what had happened, and endured several minutes of him asking me the same questions over and over, and eventually we resolved I would have to walk up to the visitor centre to get the set of keys they have there. So I did that, got into the first cottage then discovered that the guests in the second cottage had checked out, taking the keys with them, with the result I had to go back to the visitor centre (at the other end of town), return the first set of keys, collect a second set, get back to clean the cottage (via the shop at the other end of town to get a bandaid to protect the bleeding hang nail that I could not fix as Brad has yet to invest in a first aid kit), sort out that cottage while fielding guests arriving early to check into the first cottage and then guests arriving within nanoseconds of me finishing to move into the second cottage, and then clean the third one. All this in hot humid weather while wearing a long-sleeved shirt as I was sunburned from yesterday in the garden.
I was not in a good mood by the time I was done, and was further annoyed when I discovered the shop had run out of pizzas so I will be having leftovers for dinner. Bought a small tub of chocolate icecream to console myself.
Hopefully I will be in a better mood by tomorrow as it is at least cooler tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment