The snow continued during the nice so there was a light sugar dusting come morning, but it was soon gone despite regular top-ups during the day. It seems to have cleared now, so I guess we have to brace ourselves for the warm spell that we have coming up. So confusing, but at least I will get the washing done!
I made another block today and realised that there was sufficient left at the bottom of each cylinder of strips to cut two more rows off them. So plying my very basic maths I thought to my self that I can make four blocks using the same arrangement of colours if I made up two more cylinders. So that is what I have done today, since it will get chaotic at sewing once we are all bobbing up and down at the cutting and ironing boards.
The second block uses six new fabrics so bears no resemblance to the first one, which is as it should be. I will ensure that the new blocks have the rows arranged differently to avoid them sticking out too clearly in the overall result.
Apart from huddling indoors from the snow and making sure i had sufficient firewood to keep me going, I have done absolutely diddly squat today and am very happy about that!
No comments:
Post a Comment