I indulged in a sleep in this morning so staggered out of bed a seven surrounded by desperate dogs. Their needs attended to I went back inside to attend to my own and have breakfast before taking them for a longer stroll around the oval (something that requires me to be showered and dressed - or at least dressed).
It was still windy today and cooler, with the lightest of light dustings of water from time to time that never quite developed into showers. I did not achieve as much in the yard today due to lack of enthusiasm, but did make some headway. Tomorrow I only have the smallest cottage to clean so may make more headway in the afternoon if I can borrow the neigbours' slasher.
I popped over to borrow it today but was sidetracked into a cup of coffee and a chat about life the universe and everything.
I went into town to get a few items of necessities - tea, milk, anchovies - then came home via the Garden to collect one of the cos lettuces. The plants in the polytunnel have grown enormously and the coriander has, predictably, run to seed. So I tore out one of the cos to eat, and a second one to give to the chooks along with a couple of the other lettuces in there, then came home and whipped up a ceasar salad using some of the glut of eggs I am presently experiencing (people give them to me, pleading for me to take some as their hens are all laying insanely).
It was rather nice, but I suspect I overdid the garlic in the dressing.
I also discovered my parmesan supply was not as good as I had thought, so it was a bit light on the parmesan.
I am about to lose my internet download once again. I have used 80% of my monthly supply in 12 days. I have discovered that all those emails you never asked for but which come laden with pictures of things you can't afford to buy are consuming my download at a rate of knots. So I have been unsubscribing from them as they arrive. This in itself has consumed a lot of download as each time i unsubscribe they chew up more opening their home pages for you to do so from. Grrr.Hopefully next month things will be back under control and I will not have to suffer through three weeks of slow internet! So if I am less regular in my posting you will please understand why!
No comments:
Post a Comment