Thursday, November 20, 2014

Oh look. I forgot to post last night. Must have been the hot weather. Still it was cooler today and so getting the cottages cleaned, and stacking the mountain of clean linen that had been delivered was a lot easier than it might otherwise have been.

I was already in town as i had been asked to meet my employers at the bank as their 'had been some changes' which had struck horror into my heart (what? Reduced hours, more frequent cleaning at shorter spells  - something they tried on my predecessor). As it turned out it was more a change for them in that they now have the contract independent of their mainland partners and so the reporting arrangements have changed. Actually simplified. At present I have to turn off the bank security then remember to log in by phone and out again before I leave. I often forget to do this so at times I am logging in and out within five minutes of each other which has caused some raised eyebrows. But now the bank will be checking their security log weekly instead, so all I have to remember is to turn off the security when I arrive and on again when I leave - something that tends to be self-motivating as having the police arrive when half way through the dusting could be tricky!

Got home around 2 and did some housework for a change. I now have a clean bathroom which will be nice tomorrow morning when I take my shower. Then the over-the-road neighbour called in with the next door neighbour and organised me to help them to dispose of the mountains of horse poo that have accumulated. I pointed out that while it would be several people loading it into the back of the ute, it would be just me unloading it - to a resounding lack of offers to help.

Was quite annoyed once more at being 'organised' so after taking the dogs for their walk I called across the road to explain why this was not on. Once we had that sorted, we had a really good long talk about life the universe and the need to stop taking responsibility for organising those next door (as well as considerable gory detail about their circumstances, a bitch session about her down the road and so forth). After which I have come home, am about to take the dogs out one more time as Seb is being a pest, and then I will settle in for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment