Friday, November 14, 2014

Garden tour today! Four gardens in Campbell Town with some very lovely vege patches. They were primarily flower gardens, so the vege patches were up the back yard. Some good ideas that I have posted on our Garden FB page and some lovely pockets of interesting plants as well. One garden had some glorious irises in it.





This last one was in the second garden we visited.

On our way home we stopped off at Ross at a new restaurant and had a belated lunch. The place is also a gift shop and boy do they have some lovely stuff. I bought a small unglazed white porcelain tealight holder, the sort that has a saucer and a dome over the saucer. The dome is perforated in the shape of dragon flies, so I am rather hoping they dance around the walls when it is lit (still waiting for it to get dark enough for me to find out).

Once we came home I was greeted by her over the road telling me some bloke in a white four wheel drive had parked down the road a bit and then come onto my property taking photos. She suggested that her next door might have reported me for having long grass. If she did, and he was collecting evidence then he is out of luck as it would not be admissable in court. He was probably someone associated with the house taking pix of its renovations. Either way he had a hide. The two large black dogs leaping at the back door would be sufficient deterrent if he had been inspired to any criminal intent. Still, not a nice thing to have happen in one's absence. I would be more disturbed if I did not half think it was yet another jab from her over the road to get on and sort out the garden. Which I will do in due course. I will be annoyed if she turns out to be an 'organiser' as I am afraid things happen here at my pace and no-one else's. I have someone organised to come have a day in the garden with me at the end of the month when I get paid. Mean time I will do a bit here and there as I have the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment