A couple of bouts with the lawnmower before heading into town to clean cottages for a bit. Then home to do another quick run around before heading back into town to leave out envelopes for the guests we are expecting tonight. Then home to do a bit more mowing, take the dogs for a walk and sit down for a cuppa. Apparently this was not sufficient for my neighbours as next thing I hear a mower outside the loungeroom window.
Was getting a little steamed about that, but then realised they were cutting the lane, which I have been maintaining for the last six years. They have just bought a little light ride-on mower so it was a chance to test its metal. Must say I am rather pleased that someone else has taken on that task.
Nothing will be done tomorrow as I have a meeting in Campbell Town. Monday I can get stuck in once more, barring weather, interruptions etc.
Also did a few loads of washing and changed the bedding. Did I mention that my boss has just bought a great padded mattress top for the mattress that we get most complaints about. It was so nice, and so cheap I have asked him to get me one and take it out of my pay. Normally $180 it was marked down to $80.00. Not sure what is in it - maybe wool as it does not feel like feathers, and he does not cut corners and use synthetic, so it will be nice to have to add to the mattress now that it is getting a little ancient. Counted up on my fingers and it is now 10 years old, and they do recommend you change them every 8 years. I have just started sleeping on the other side of the bed and that seems to be working for me for the time being.
A friend has a queen mattress she bought at an auction which came out of a hotel that was shutting down. Apparently it has been sanitised and is just like new, so I will be buying that off her if the offer on her house comes through.
No comments:
Post a Comment