Annie has been forgiven - apparently Nathanial had a close encounter with a particularly strong dose of dope which did not mix well with his aspergers syndrome. He was last seen hallucinating wildly, poor lad. He has gone off the straight and narrow significantly since leaving home, and this is the consequence.
I had all three cottages to clean once more today, but fortunately they all checked out early so i was done in time to have lunch with the quilters. Diana whips up luscious sandwiches for us for $3.00 as much as you can eat and it is always worth getting in if you can manage it.
Having done that I came home and started to put on the hare, then remembered I had not left out an envelope for tonight's guest so had to dash off and deal with that.
the hare cut up in to some very sizeable portions - three across the saddle alone. the dogs got the rib cage and the rest went in the pot. It has been simmering for four hours now and will be ready to serve just as I dash out the door for our public meeting tonight.
The Minister for Health is supposed to be appearing in our School Gymnasium to relieve our concerns (or at least hear them). I don't like his chances of leaving unscathed if he does not come up with some instant solutions. Media will be present.
A big thunderstorm this afternoon again failed to deliver much in the way of rain, but it is so dry that we have puddles everywhere. I have lit the fire despite it not being all that cool as it is dank and dark and fires are good! Hopefully it will still be going when I get home and can finally taste this damned hare.
No comments:
Post a Comment